- This small group activity is designed to introduce $d\rr$, the key to vector calculus, as a geometric object.
- Students work in small groups to construct $d\rr$ in rectangular and polar coordinates.
- The whole class wrap-up discussion emphasizes the geometric importance of $d\rr$.
- Constructs $d\rr$ in rectangular and polar coordinates.
- Emphasizes geometric nature of $d\rr$.
- Illustrates infinitesimal reasoning and the use of differentials.
Authors: Tevian Dray and Corinne Manogue
To edit this page, go here